Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My life as of now....

So my best friend (Mic) jinxed me! I was keeping up fairly well with my blog and then, I stopped! It's been hard to update this thing because my life is CRAZY as of now! But I am slowly starting to see the light at the end of tunnel!

What's going on in my life you ask?!? At this point, it might be two of the BIGGEST things thus far!

1. Planning our wedding!
2. Looking for a job!

Wedding planning believe it or not has been amazing! So, not TOO much stress there!

BUT...

the job hunt has been stressful to say the least! I have recently become aware of 2 of my problems with the job hunt. First, I am constantly comparing myself to my friends and their success in finding a job or getting an interview! And second, I am so wrapped up in MY PLAN and how I think things should be as opposed to God's plan for me! I am constantly saying, I know God has a plan for me, but saying and believing are two totally different aspects!

I have literally lost sleep and made myself SICK worrying about a job, or lack of one! I know/knew this had to change if I wanted to be sane! So...

Every Monday, Israel and I try and make it to Monday Night Prayer Gathering at Church. And God always shows up, but last night, I felt Him in a way I never have before! I could hardly make it through the first worship song without crying! I could feel His presence the entire night. Through the different things and people we prayed for I knew God was talking to me, reassuring me of His plan! I walked out of that place feeling 100 lbs lighter!

Even today, God is continuing to reveal his plan for me by the people he has surrounded me with and the songs on the radio, preparing me for what He has in store! I think I know where I am being nudged, and I cannot wait to see what happens!

My new prayer...

"Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your Glory! Take my life and let it be Yours!"

Love this song!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am in the same place as you right now, but mainly for Steven to find a job. I completely understand the stress it can put on a family. I pray you find a wonderful job soon that you will really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith in God is inspiring :) Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete